NMI Prayer Mobilization Line
August 9, 2017
“So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
—Colossians 2:6–7, niv
PRAYERS AND PRAISES
PRAISE—UPDATE: Thank you for praying for Doris Bromiley, mother of former missionary Grace Burrows, following a fall on July 30, resulting in multiple brain injuries. Doris is making an unexpected recovery. She can eat, drink, and sit out of bed. Doris listens to Bible readings and prayers and tries to sing hymns. Grace is grateful for the prayers for Doris. Grace and Clive Burrows served as missionaries in Papua New Guinea and European Nazarene College in Switzerland.
August Missionary Prayer Focus—Join in prayer for:
Scott and Emily Armstrong, serving in the Dominican Republic
- REQUEST: Their home assignment ends on August 17. Please pray for safe travel and that they would share passionately and effectively what God is doing in the Mesoamerica Region. Also, pray that their transition back to Santo Domingo would be seamless.
- REQUEST: The Armstrongs’ son, Elijah, and daughter, Sydney, are 14 and 12, respectively. Please pray that they would continue to “grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.” Their classmates do not always possess the same value system, so pray that Elijah and Sydney would “shine like stars in the universe as they hold out the Word of life.”
- REQUEST: Pray for good health and energy in the Armstrongs’ busy schedules and in traveling to many cultures and countries.
Cleon Cadogan, serving in Grenada
- REQUEST: Pray for workers and volunteers to be dedicated to discipleship of a new church plant.
- REQUEST: Please pray for salvation for community members whose children attend Sunday school where Cleon serves.
- REQUEST: Pray for direction in Cleon’s life after he completes his assignment through the Genesis ministry.
Dave and Kim Hane, serving the Asia-Pacific Region
- REQUEST: Pray for Jonathan, the Hanes’s son, as he begins a post-graduate internship at a Christian media school in Thailand.
- REQUEST: Remember the Hanes’s daughter, Joy, in her sophomore year of high school in Singapore.
- REQUEST: A Mission Strategy Training (MST) event will be held in mid-August for 14 missionaries serving on the Asia-Pacific Region. The event will focus on 1) Making, 2) Christlike, 3) Disciples, 4) In the Nations. It is part of the ongoing development of missionaries on the region. Please pray for all participating.
Keith and Ruth Morris, serving in Ecuador
- REQUEST: Pray for the school where the Morrises serve, as it transitions to a new administrative team.
- REQUEST: Pray for the faculty and staff with whom the Morrises serve. As teachers come and go each year, they experience the difficult process of transition. Pray that new teachers adjust to the culture and environment, and that all work together toward the goals of excellence, eternity, and community.
- REQUEST: Pray for the students at the school, some who are Christians and some who are not. The Morrises pray that all would come to faith in Christ and serve Him.
Dee Sudnick, serving in the Philippines
- PRAISE: Faith Academy in the Philippines began the 2017-18 school year on August 2 with students and/or faculty representing 23 nations! The international Christian school offers classes for Pre-K through grade 12, and Nazarene missionaries have served there over the years. The middle school division, where Dee serves, has approximately 140 students (an increase of 18 from last year) and 31 new middle school students.
- REQUEST: The Aninuan Christian Training School, where Dee served in June and July, is short-staffed. Sixty students in need still desire the opportunity for an education. Please pray for the school’s founder, Ben, and his family as they return from a home assignment in mid-August.
- REQUEST: It is the rainy season in the Philippines. Please pray that there will be no water damage to Dee’s home.
Enoch Tee, serving in the Philippines
- PRAISE: There has been wonderful growth in discipling children in his ministry—from no children attending to a core class of 30 and an outreach program of 200.
- REQUEST: Pray for God’s guidance as to where Enoch should work.
- REQUEST: Pray for Enoch’s church and community to be led by the Spirit, that they will be inspired to grow spiritually and reach out to those around them.
Thank you for praying!
“God is above, presiding; beneath, sustaining; within, filling.”
—Hildebert of Lavardin (ca. 1056–1133), French medieval poet, ecclesiastic, and theologian