NMI Prayer Mobilization Line
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1 NIV
June 21, 2017
PRAISES AND PRYAERS:
Pastor Filipo Lesatale is the leader of the Samoan churches in New Zealand. He pastors a Samoan congregation in Auckland; leads the other Samoan pastors and churches in education, mentorship, and church planting; and he is a vital part of district leadership. Only a couple days remain before Pastor Filipo’s work visa expires. Pray that a new visa is granted and that his work can continue in New Zealand.
Healing in Peru
“Our daughter was diagnosed with a tumor,” said a mother in Peru. “Having watched the JESUS film, my daughter and I knew God could remove tumors. The JESUS Film team prayed for complete healing for our daughter. My husband was not a Christ-follower but began attending church because of our daughter’s health crisis. A few days later, our daughter received a second opinion from another doctor. He told us the tumor is gone!” Praise God for the removal of this tumor from this daughter’s body!
June Missionary Prayer Focus—Join in prayer for:
Beverly Brown, serving in Dominican Republic (DR)
- Pray that God would continually give me his wisdom, strength, love, and grace to make decisions and lead the Work & Witness ministry in DR and to serve as a Christ-like servant.
- Pray that God would continue to bless our host team in DR and that we could always work together in a way that betters the ministry and glorifies God.
- Pray for future Work & Witness teams that will come, that we can form true, healthy relationships and partnerships with our Dominican brothers and sisters, protection for teams, and that we would serve with humility and grace.
Martin and Cezi Glendenning, serving in Hungary
- We praise God for all He has done these last five months since our second son, Lukas, was born. We are finding a better balance and a new normal within the family. As our energy reserves have been drained in the last few months, we pray for God’s continued renewal in our lives. We have already experienced this in the past weeks and praise for God for it!
- One concern that the doctors have had is the rate at which Lukas is gaining weight. He appears healthy in every other way, but it is something we are watching. We would ask for prayer that he continues to grow and be healthy.
- Our family is also planning our home assignment this fall. Pray for safety and a good travel experience.
- We are also praying that God will open the door to new relationships here in Hungary. Part of this means learning the culture and language, but also for God to be working in our daily lives to bring about those divine encounters.
- We would also ask for prayer over the work in Central Europe with refugees. We have met so many wonderful people whose lives have been turned upside down. People who have suffered great loss and continue to be uncertain how the next week will look. A scripture that keeps playing in our minds is that “God works in all things for his good.” Despite the tragedies these people have faced, we know that God is with them finding ways to bring peace, hope, and love. We also pray that God will continue opening doors to help us and our team to partner with Him to meet these needs.
General Assembly and Conventions 2017
The Church of the Nazarene’s quadrennial meetings begins this week in Indiana, USA. Pray for every person who is traveling from near and far to attend. May the Lord’s rich blessings be apparent in every aspect of General Assembly 2017.
Thank you for praying!
“We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring its power down to earth.”
—Andrew Murray (1828–1917) South African writer, teacher, and Christian pastor. According to Wikipedia, Murray considered missions to be “the chief end of the church.”