“He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’
Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’”
—Revelation 21:5, niv
PRAYERS AND PRAISES
Relief for Rohingya
PRAISE: On 8 December 2017, Bangladeshi Nazarenes representing Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM) traveled to a Rohingya refugee camp that is now home to the densest refugee population in the world, according to the United Nations. In this part of Bangladesh, the Church of the Nazarene does not yet have a presence. The Rohingya people are an ethnic minority originally from Myanmar. A Bangladeshi NCM worker said, “They are our neighbors, and we should help them as the Holy Bible teaches us.” Give thanks for people in Bangladesh who want to alleviate the suffering of the Rohingya and to serve people as Jesus would. (Snapshots—Eurasia Region)
Church by the Railroad
PRAISE: Dalisay Church of the Nazarene in Manila, Philippines, serves its community and makes Christlike disciples in spite of not having a traditional church building. The church started as a Bible study group of 7 and is now a church of 40. The congregation meets in locations near a train track, and the area is also known for having a high number of abandoned, abused, or neglected children. As a result, Dalisay Church places a high priority on education. Give thanks for a congregation that is flexible so it may reach more souls for the Kingdom, and pray for the Dalisay Church and its pastor, Pedrito Cainglet. (Asia-Pacific Region)
Dr. Katherine Radcliffe
REQUEST: Please pray for Dr. Katherine Radcliffe, missionary to Papua New Guinea. She was scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, 16 January, to remove her thyroid gland. Katherine, her husband Dr. Ben Radcliffe, and their children, are in the U.S. preparing to return to their missionary assignment at Kudjip Nazarene Hospital in Papua New Guinea. Pray also that their entry permits will be processed in time for them to depart Ohio soon.
REQUEST: Please pray for Jeanie Helstrom, as medical treatment is determined following recent tests. Jeanie and her husband, Brian, are former missionaries to the Eurasia Region; and Brian now serves as a Nazarene missionary for JESUS Film Harvest Partners. Brian writes, “Jeanie is a child of God. That is who she is and defines Whose she is.” The Helstrom family greatly appreciates your prayers for Jeanie, the family, and medical personnel.
January Missionary Prayer—Join in prayer for:
Napoleón and Elena Guerrero, serving in Bolivia
- REQUEST: Pray for Elena, who had surgery on 28 December 2017 in Peru. The doctor has recommended 30 days of absolute rest. Pray that the Lord will heal Elena quickly so that she can travel safely.
- REQUEST: Pray for the Guerreros to continue to reach those who have not yet heard the Good News in Bolivia.
- REQUEST: Pray for the two district assemblies that Napoleón will participate in soon.
Rolf and Debbie Kleinfeld, serving in Cambodia
- REQUEST: Please pray for the continued spiritual growth and development of Nazarene leaders in Cambodia.
- REQUEST: Educational materials are a constant need where the Kleinfelds serve. Pray that resources will continue to be developed and translated.
- REQUEST: Please pray for more people to answer the call to serve the Church of the Nazarene in Cambodia.
Esteban and Dhariana Murillo, serving in Panama
- REQUEST: Pray that God will guide in the sale of the Murillos’ house, car, and other possessions, as they depart from Costa Rica at the end of February.
- REQUEST: Please pray for Murillo family, as they make the transition from Costa Rica to Panama.
Jeffrey and Susan Myers, serving in Papua New Guinea
- REQUEST: Jeffrey and Susan request prayer for the scheduling of home assignment services to take place later this year.
- REQUEST: Jeffrey requests prayers as he serves as a member of the field leadership team, that he would sense the Lord’s strength and wisdom.
- REQUEST: Pray for Susan as she works with patients in Kudjip Nazarene Hospital. Ask the Lord to give wisdom as she diagnoses patients each day.
Family of Elias Mukanu Chipasha
Elias Mukanu Chipasha, 81, passed away in December 2017. He was the father of missionary Beatrice Mtambo. Elias was led to the Lord through his daughter, Beatrice, some years ago. The Mtambo family is grateful for your prayers of support. Beatrice and husband, Paul, serve in Zambia.
Thank you for praying!
“Prayer is not so much an act as it is an attitude—
an attitude of dependency, dependency upon God.”
—A. W. Pink (1886–1952)