8 November 2017
“Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor
granted us in answer to the prayers of many.”
—2 Corinthians 1:11b, niv
PRAYERS AND PRAISES
PRAISE: Missionary Darin Kucey recently had emergency surgery in Canada. We praise the Lord that Darin was just given a clean bill of health. Darin; his wife, Tonya; and their three children are thankful for the Lord’s touch. The Kuceys serve in Haiti, and the family is eagerly anticipating his return. Please continue to pray for Darin, that he will have safe travel to Haiti and that his recovery will be rapid, and for the family as they help him during recuperation.
PRAISE: A four-person church plant in Candeias, Brazil, began meeting in a garage just two years ago. It has now grown to 500 members and moved to its own building with room to continue adding new people to its church family. Pastor Ricardo Carvalho said that within a month, “The garage was too small for us. My son would stand at the gate waiting for people to come in. We had no sign saying who we were; it was the Holy Spirit acting in a supernatural and unexplainable way.” Praise the Lord for the Holy Spirit’s intervention and willing servants.
Areas of Unrest
REQUEST: A number of areas of the world are experiencing unrest for a variety of reasons. As you hear or read of such places, please pray that they will experience God’s peace, and that the Church will be used to bring about that peace.
November Missionary Prayer—Join in prayer for:
David and Helen Ann Bucher, serving in Saipan
- REQUEST: Pray for Helen Ann’s health. She is on a second antibiotic and an inhaler.
- REQUEST: Pray with the Buchers for spiritual breakthroughs in their house church ministry.
- REQUEST: Pray for someone to assist David and Helen Ann with worship music.
Leonel and Maria Luisa De León, serving in Mesoamerica North Central Field
- REQUEST: Pray for a pastoral education program beginning in April 2018 to achieve the goals for VISION 2020. VISION 2020—the Power of One—is an initiative of the Church of the Nazarene that encourages local churches and districts to set faith projections to help the global church reach 3.5 million members, 2.5 million in worship attendance, 2.5 million in SDMI attendance, and 50,000 churches by the year 2020.
- REQUEST: Pray for Daughters of the King, a ministry that helps women develop self-esteem and ministries.
- REQUEST: Pray for the De León family, especially for their children. Leonel and Maria Luisa are asking the Lord to use the children for His glory.
Eduardo and Rocio Meza, serving in Argentina and Uruguay
- REQUEST: Pray for the Mezas, as they serve as missionaries in Uruguay.
- REQUEST: Pray that good relationships will be built between the church and the country’s leadership.
- REQUEST: Please pray in particular for God to give the Mezas wisdom for this new ministerial challenge in their lives.
Carlos and Ana Salazar, serving in Costa Rica
- REQUEST: Pray for the Salazars’ daughter, Amy, as she applies for college.
- REQUEST: Pray for Carlos and Ana to have wisdom in guiding their children and for the Salazar family as a whole.
- REQUEST: Pray for the Salazars’ extended family, that they will draw near to Jesus.
Stephen and Anne Sickel, serving in Mexico
- REQUEST: Pray for Stephen’s strength following long days and travel, resulting from recent earthquakes in Mexico.
- REQUEST: Pray for wisdom on how to prioritize needs and for decisiveness in delegating tasks to others.
- REQUEST: Pray for the districts with damage that must wait for assistance, due to limited time and limited resources for travel.
- REQUEST: Pray for people to respond to the Mexico earthquake recovery.
- REQUEST: Aftershocks continue. Please pray for the temblors to lessen.
Andrew and Hayley Tarrant, serving with the Border Initiative/MK Care
- REQUEST: Please pray that the Tarrants would have continued progress in learning Spanish.
- REQUEST: Pray that the Tarrants’ son, Samuel (5), would settle well in kindergarten.
- REQUEST: Pray for the Tarrants as they parent their son, Rees, a 16-month-old toddler.
- REQUEST: Please pray that God would open doors to deeper relationships with the Tarrants’ neighbors.
Family of Doris Anderson
REQUEST: Retired missionary Doris Anderson passed away 6 November 2017. Please pray for Doris’s family as they grieve her passing and celebrate her life. Doris and her late husband, John, served as Nazarene missionaries in India for 32 years.
Family of Bonnie Paris
REQUEST: Bonnie Paris passed away 30 October 2017. She was a former district NMI president on the Southeast Oklahoma District. Bonnie was the widow of Dr. Wendell O. Paris, who served as pastor in churches on the Joplin District before being elected superintendent on the Southeast Oklahoma District. Please pray for Bonnie’s family.
Thank you for praying!
“God dwells in His creation and is everywhere indivisibly present in all His works.
He is transcendent above all His works even while He is immanent within them.”
—A. W. Tozer (1897–1963)