The way we look at things greatly impacts our lives, whether it’s with a positive view or a negative view, and the way we look at things has a lot to say about who we are and how we react or respond to others.
Simon, the look of contempt…
- He was a Pharisee;
- He was wealthy;
- He was a collector of celebrities;
- He had a poor understanding of God.
The woman, the look of forgiveness…
- She was nameless;
- She was known;
- She violated the Pharisaic traditions;
- She provided the greater hospitality;
- She gave evidence of true repentance through her tears and precious gifts.
Jesus, the look of love…
- He reached out to Simon;
- He reached out to the woman;
- Jesus reaches out to us.
Our salvation meets our greatest need, brings the greatest results, and costs the greatest price. God’s salvation is not automatic, it must be received.